This Italian staple has all the comfort you'd want from a baked pasta dish, but with the bonus of veggies: Broccoli and spinach are folded into a creamy filling made with Parmesan, mozzarella and ricotta.
jumbo shells (from a 12-oz box)
package frozen leaf spinach
frozen broccoli florets
container part-skim ricotta
Kosher salt and pepper
red wine vinegar
small head romaine lettuce
small Red Onion
- Heat oven to 400°F. Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse under cold water to cool.
- Spread the sauce onto the bottom of a large broiler-proof baking dish.
- Squeeze the spinach of excess moisture, roughly chop and place in a large bowl. Chop the broccoli and add it to the bowl. Stir in the ricotta, Parmesan, 1/2 cup of the mozzarella, and 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper. Spoon the mixture into the shells (about 1/4 cup each) and place on top of the sauce.
- Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella and bake until the shells are heated through, 10 to 12 minutes. Increase heat to broil. Broil the shells until the cheese begins to brown, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, and 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper. Toss with the lettuce, cucumber and onion. Serve with the shells.