These unique crafts and free templates, featured in our April 2018 and 2019 issues, make egg decorating easy.
From Landcruisers April 2019
Animal Egg Critters Template: Make chicks, sheep, frogs, and bunnies out of simple dyed eggs.
Carrot Cookie Cake: Make a cake from stacks of spice cookies and whipped cream —no carrots involved.
Egg Puzzle Cookies Template: Pull-apart cookie pieces double as puzzles. Using this template, cut out egg puzzle pieces, bake and decorate.
From Landcruisers April 2018:
Chick Template: Transform an Easter egg into a cute chick with this easy guide for wings, comb, and feet.
Unicorn Template: Make ears and a horn for your majestic creation with this template.
Bunny Ears Template: Crafts ears for your bunny-inspired Easter egg with this template.
Chick and Bunny Silhouettes Template: Use this guide to cut a chick or bunny from foil.
Hatching Egg Tutorial
- Lightly sand and paint a large plastic egg.
- Use pliers to bend one end of 3” piece of aluminum wire into a chicken foot.
- Bend 1⁄4” of the wire at the opposite end into a right angle.
- Repeat to make a second leg.
- Poke two small holes in plastic egg with a utility knife, apply hot glue to the center of both holes and quickly insert the bent end of each leg; let dry.