When it comes to the , the gets a whole lot of (well-deserved) love — but there's another appliance you definitely shouldn't sleep on if you're all about that high-fat lifestyle: air fryers.
I hear you: seem kind of counterintuitive to a diet that basically tells you to eat all the fats. But here's the thing: Air fryers don't actually remove fats from foods — they just use the natural fats in foods to cook them without any additional (possibly unhealthy — yes, even on the keto diet) fats or oils.
That's according to which promises to help you use this newfangled contraption to cook the keto meals of your dreams.
The cookbook: The "I Love My Air Fryer" Keto Diet Recipe Book (Adams Media), out now.
The author: Sam Dillard, the writer and photographer behind , a food blog that caters to keto dieters and focuses on "cutting carbs" and "striking out sugar."
What you'll get: has 175 keto-friendly meals (I'm talking breakfast, lunch, dinner, apps, side dishes, desserts, and snacks) that you can make with your air fryer. ( are all on sale on Amazon, btw.)
Try it before you buy it:
Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Roll Ups
Serves 4 | Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 15 minutes | Total time: 30 minutes
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 medium green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 6 large eggs
- 12 slices sugar-free bacon
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup mild salsa, for dipping
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add onion and pepper to the skillet and sauté until fragrant and onions are translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Whisk eggs in a small bowl and pour into skillet. Scramble eggs with onions and peppers until fluffy and fully cooked, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- On work surface, place three slices of bacon side by side, overlapping about a quarter of an inch. Place 1 ⁄4 cup scrambled eggs in a heap on the side closest to you and sprinkle 1⁄4 cup cheese on top of the eggs.
- Tightly roll the bacon around the eggs and secure the seam with a toothpick if necessary. Place each roll into the air fryer basket.
- Adjust the temperature to 350°F and set the timer for 15 minutes. Rotate the rolls halfway through the cooking time.
- Bacon will be brown and crispy when completely cooked. Serve immediately with salsa for dipping.
Per serving: 460 calories, 31.7 g fat, 1,100 mg sodium, 6.1 g carbs, 3.1 g sugar, 0.8 g fiber, 28.2 g protein.
For more healthy, keto-friendly recipes you can make in your air fryer, buy . You can find even more .