Why choose when you can have waffles and eggs?! This is the perfect brunch sandwich.
unsalted butter, melted, plus more for the eggs
slices cooked bacon
Maple syrup, for serving
- Heat oven to 200 degrees F. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Using and electric mixer, beat 2 egg whites (reserve the yolks) until stiff peaks form, 2 to 3 minutes; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the 2 egg yolks, buttermilk, and butter. Add the flour mixture, stirring just until incorporated. Gently fold in the whites until no streaks remain.
- Cook in a waffle maker according to the manufacturer's instructions until golden brown. Transfer waffles to a foil-lined baking sheet and place in the oven to keep warm.
- Cook the remaining 8 eggs to desired doneness. Cut waffles in half and form sandwiches with the eggs, bacon, and spinach. Drizzle with maple syrup, if desired.
PER SANDWICH 316 CAL, 21 G FAT (9 G SAT FAT), 273 MG CHOL, 751 MG SOD, 17 G PRO, 13 G CAR, 0 G FIBER