These smiling candy-garnished Chocolate Apple Cat Faces make fresh fruit ever so enticing.
12-oz bag semisweet chocolate chips
chocolate wafer cookie, cut into eights with a serrated knife
yellow banana-shaped candies (Runts)
pink heart-shaped candies (Runts)
tube each pink and white decorating frosting
- Wash and dry apples. Insert the wooden sticks into tops of each apple. Line a baking pan with wax paper.
- In a saucepan, melt chocolate chips and shortening on low heat, stirring constantly until completely melted.
- Put sprinkles in a medium bowl. Working with one apple at a time, dip apple into melted chocolate to cover completely. Allow excess to drip off. Coat apple in sprinkles and place on prepared baking pan; Refrigerate until chocolate is set.
- Spoon remaining melted chocolate into a resealable bag. Snip a small corner from the bag and use chocolate to attach chocolate wafer pieces as ears, yellow candies as eyes, and red candies as noses. Use chocolate to pipe on mouths.
- Pipe on pink frosting ears and white frosting whiskers.