Use the freshest summer blueberries in this make-ahead sweet treat.
(1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter
packed light brown sugar
pure vanilla extract
- Heat over to 350°F. Line a 9- by 13-in. pan with parchment paper, leaving overhangs on sides; lightly coat with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place butter in a small saucepan and cook on medium, swirling the pan and stirring often until brown flecks appear, about 7 minutes; remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Add blueberries and toss to coat.
- In another large bowl, whisk together brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla until mixture is smooth.
- Gradually add brown butter to brown sugar mixture, whisking until smooth. Add wet ingredients to dry ones, mi just until combined.
- Transfer to prepared pan, smooth top, and bake until edges are golden and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool in the pan; then, using overhangs, transfer to a cutting board and cut into pieces.
COST PER BLONDIE: 28¢
PER BLONDIE: 165 calories, 6.5 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 2 g protein, 95 mg sodium, 25g carbs, 0 g fiber