This heart-healthy dish will fill you up without making you feel bloated. To get more food-cure ideas, pick up a copy of the new book.
medium zucchini (each about 8 oz), halved lengthwise
pepper (red, orange, or yellow), diced
cherry tomatoes, quartered
boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into tiny pieces
1/8 to 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
chopped fresh chives
plain low-fat kefir
finely chopped fresh mint leaves
seedless cucumber, cut into 1/4-inch pieces (optional)
- Place a rimmed baking sheet in the oven and heat to 450°F. Cut zucchini in half lengthwise and, using a teaspoon, hollow out each half, transferring the insides to a cutting board; chop. Brush the cut sides with 1 teaspoon oil, then place on the heated baking sheet, cut sides down. Roast 6 minutes.
- Heat remaining 2 tsp oil in a large skillet on medium-high. Add carrot, pepper, tomatoes, and chopped zucchini and cook, tossing often, until the vegetables begin to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Season chicken with paprika, oregano, red pepper flakes (if using), and a pinch of salt; add to the skillet and stir, then remove from heat. Stir in chives.
- Turn zucchini cut sides up and divide chicken mixture among zucchini boats (about a generous 1/2 cup each). Roast until zucchini are tender and chicken is cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the topping: In a small bowl, combine kefir and lemon juice; fold in mint and cucumber if using. Serve with zucchini.
PER 2 ZUCCHINI BOATS 170 CALORIES, 4.5 G FAT (0 G SATURATED), 27 G PROTEIN, 65 MG SODIUM, 4 G CARB, 2 G FIBER