Courtesy of SkinnyTaste One & Done
Keep it colorful (and healthy!) with this go-to fish dinner. For best results, mix in any combination of veggies you have in your fridge — the choice is yours!
Olive oil spray ( I like or Bertolli)
bite-size pieces broccoli florets
1-inch pieces asparagus (about 8 ounces)
halved cherry tomatoes
extra-virgin olive oil
Freshly ground black pepper
skinless fish fillet (5 ounces each0, such as sole or flounder
fresh lemon juice
freshly grated Pecorino Romano cheese (I like )
chopped fresh basil
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Spray a with oil.
- In a large bowl, combine the broccoli, asparagus, tomatoes, carrots, garlic, 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, 1⁄2 teaspoon of the salt, and pepper to taste. Transfer the vegetables to the prepared baking dish and roast until the vegetables begin to soften, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, season one side of the fish fillets with 1⁄4 teaspoon of the salt and pepper to taste. Roll up the fillets and place them seam side down on a plate. Season the tops with the remaining 1⁄4 teaspoon salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss the vegetables, then place the fish seam side down on top. Drizzle the fish with the remaining 1⁄2 tablespoon olive oil and the lemon juice.
- Roast until the fish is cooked through in the center and the vegetables are tender and cooked, about 20 minutes.
- Top everything with the pecorino and fresh basil and serve immediately.
PER SERVING 233 CALORIES, 10.5 G FAT (2.5 G SATURATED), 24 G PROTEIN, 848 MG SODIUM, 13 G CARB, 4.5 G FIBER
Excerpted with permission from by Gina Homolka with Heather K. Jones, RD, Clarkson Potter, October 2018