Break out your multicooker for this well-rounded chicken dinner.
cloves garlic, 2 finely grated
and 4 thinly sliced
large chicken thighs (about
1. lbs), trimmed and patted dry
long-grain white rice
lemon, thinly sliced,
plus wedges for serving
small broccoli crown, finely
chopped (about 2 cups)
- In a large bowl, combine grated garlic, cayenne, 1 tablespoon oil, and 1/2 teaspoon
each salt and pepper. Add chicken
and toss to coat.
- Press Sauté on an electric pressure cooker, adjust to medium, and heat
remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Place thighs, skin
side down, in a single layer and cook
until golden brown, 5 to 6 minutes per
side. Transfer to a plate.
- Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until beginning to
soften, about 4 minutes. Stir in sliced
garlic and cook 1 minute. Press
Cancel. Stir in rice, 1. cups water,
and 1/4 teaspoon salt and stir to scrape
up any browned bits.
- Place a steam rack on top of rice, then lay lemon slices in single layer
on the rack. Place chicken on top
of lemons, skin side up. Lock the
lid and cook on high pressure (12.0)
5 minutes. Use the quick-release
method to release pressure.
- Lift the steam rack out of the pressure cooker and fluff rice with
a fork. Fold in broccoli, lay a clean
kitchen towel across the top, then
replace the lid and let it sit 5 minutes.
Serve chicken alongside rice,
with lemon wedges if desired.
PER SERVING: 625 calories, 34 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 29 g protein, 490 mg sodium, 48 g carbs, 2 g fiber
COST PER SERVING: $1.32
What you'll need: Instant Pot ($90, )